Espresso and Chocolate Mousse
- 60ml Code Black 3056 espresso
- 250g good dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 30g caster sugar
- 190ml thickened cream
- Create a double boiler – which is a pot, half filled with simmering water with either a metal or glass bowl snugly fit on top to create a constant source of low to moderate heat – perfect for melting chocolate.
- To the bowl, add the eggs and sugar, then whisk vigorously until the sugar is melted and the eggs are becoming pale and fluffy.
- Transfer to a stand mixer and whisk on high for 4-5 minutes (alternatively, you can whisk by hand off the heat for 10 minutes).
- Whilst the eggs are whisking, place the chocolate in a double boiler with the espresso and stir with a spatula until it is melted.
- Take the chocolate and espresso mixture off the heat and let rest for 3 minutes, then gently fold until the fluffy eggs.
- Once that is done, whisk the cream until soft peaks form, then gently fold that into the rest of the mixture.
- Transfer into your preferred eating vessel, wrap with cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with some grated chocolate and toasted hazelnuts.