Our revered Ricotta Hotcakes recipe. Best served with our peanut butter mousse and garnished with fresh berries and maple syrup.
Makes: 4-5 large hotcakes
Ricotta Hotcake Ingredients
4 eggs separated
175g self raising flour
1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- Mix the egg yolks and ricotta together, making sure to leave it a bit chunky.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Add the flour and sugar, gently fold until half way mixed.
- Whisk the egg white until it has soft peaks, then fold through the mixture.
- Cook in a 12-15cm greased, non stick pan. Flip when golden on one side, then cook the other side until golden and the batter is cooked through.
Top tip: Work the batter very lightly, making sure to not over mix.
Peanut Butter Mousse Ingredients
110g smooth peanut butter
90ml thickened cream
30ml pure maple syrup
- Work the peanut butter with a spatula in a bowl until softer.
- Add the mascarpone, cream and maple syrup, then gently fold until incorporated.
- Spoon over the hotcakes.
Top tip: Be careful not to over mix to avoid splitting.