ESPRESSO BREW GUIDE
How to Brew Espresso
RECIPE EXAMPLE: 3056
BLEND (ratio 1:2): Dose 20g / Yield 42-45g
TIME: 27– 32 seconds
- Remove portafilter.
- Flush group head.
- Knock out old coffee puck from portafilter.
- Wipe and dry basket to remove water and residual grounds.
- Grind coffee on demand and adjust to correct dose of 20g.
- Distribute the coffee evenly in the basket using the tapping method.
- Tamp coffee, creating a level and even surface.
- Wipe away loose grinds from the portafilter (If manual extraction, weigh and tare out a cup on a small scale on the drip tray).
- Lock the portafilter in place and start extraction immediately, when this stage is prolonged it aids in the oxidation process and makes the coffee go stale very quickly.
- Watch extraction to see if there's any problems e.g. channeling or if drips are coming out of one side of the spout. If weighing the shot on scales, stop your shot around 4-6 grams before the desired yield as the remaining drips will make up the rest of the yield.
- Check the time of extraction and see if it’s within the time frame.
Note: All espresso blends and single origins will have an ideal recipe. Check the product page on our website for brew recommendations.
VIDEO TUTORIAL ON ESPRESSO BREW GUIDE :