Plunger and French Press Brewing Guide
We will walk you through the basic steps to creating the best French Press Coffee you have ever tasted.
SERVES 2 - 3
WATER 750ml at 93 - 96° (Just off the boil)
How to make plunger coffee
1. Bring filtered water to a boil and let it sit until it cools to the ideal temperature range, (approx. 1 minute).
2. Pre-heat the French Press by rinsing with hot water.
3. Add ground coffee to coffee plunger. Your grind should be coarse, larger than sand granules.
4. Pour 100ml of water into the plunger and stir to saturate the grinds. Try to ensure that all grounds are wet.
5. Pour the remaining water, 650ml into the plunger and stir again.
6. Attach plunger lid to retain heat but do not push down. Leave to brew for 3 minutes.
7. Slowly plunge and serve.
Total brew time 4 – 5 minutes.
Tip: 60g of coffee to 1L of water is the recommended plunger coffee ratio, depending on the size of your plunger / French Press, your ratio of coffee to water will need to be adjusted. E.g. 15g for a 250ml sized plunger.
FRENCH PRESS BREW GUIDE VIDEO TUTORIAL
How To Make a Perfect Cup of Plunger Coffee
Aeropress Brew Guide
Espresso Brew Guide
Stovetop Brew Guide
V60 Brew Guide